Moonta has been rated as the top town to visit!
According to a recent survey of South Australians taken by the RAA of SA, two of The Copper Coast towns featured highly.
In November 2017, The Top Ten South Australian Towns are:
- Mt Gambier
- Pt Lincoln
So, when looking for a place to take a break, Moonta has a lot of people voting for it! Let’s look at some possible reasons why Moonta topped the list.
- Is less than two hours’ drive from Adelaide.
- Has a rich historical tapestry woven through daily life.
- Has a variety of local specialty art and craft shops.
- Is within easy reach of several great beaches.
- Excellent fishing opportunities.
- Has many different styles of cafes and eateries to cater for all tastes.
- Has many accommodation options to cater for romantic getaways to large family holidays.
The RAA has also mentioned ‘Splash Town’, the free water play park in Moonta, as one of the best attractions, especially for children and let’s face it, how often do you find something free these days?
So, what are you waiting for? Book your holiday in Moonta now!